Thursday, January 1, 2009

This blog is a new venture for me...one of the challenges I have set for myself in this new and promising year of 2009. I hear the gloomy forecast for this year from so many. But I choose not to be affected by the negative press. I am looking forward to this year as a bearer of many opportunities and possibilities. As I contribute to this blog I will be sharing some of the 'tools' that I have been employing in 2008! Last year I made some significant changes in my life. I became accountable in a new and powerful way. I began by being grateful for who I am and what I have. In the past I had focused much of my energy on what I did not have! This last year I began counting the fullness rather than the emptiness of my life.

The greatest tool that I discovered is "I am so happy and grateful..." which is a silent mantra that I speak many times a day. I also write a daily page of gratitude. This simple task changes my attitude from discouraged and despairing to grateful and expectant. I begin with '"I am so happy and grateful now that I have a strong healthy body that heals itself quickly. This has carried me to health and healing. I have acknowledged my Creator's participation in my life. Rather than asking for what i want i have learned to give thanks for what is! I am more of a 'creatura' than I have ever been, for I see my part in this relationship with the Creator in a new way. When I am aware of the wonders of my life, I am allowed to see more wonders, and almost as soon as I see them they become reality. It is like living a life of miraculous events!

If we could all become prone to gratefulness what a different world this would be. We would be fighting each other to be generous! And we would all likely benefit greatly. To go about spreading gratefulness is no small thing! And so I encourage you to visit with me often to check out the tools for living significantly and abundantly in 2009. Don't expose yourself to the negative messages that are so easily found! Tune in here to learn more tools for abundant living!

6 comments:

  1. Just keep up the positive thoughts and self-talk and writing daily. It will make a difference in your life and those all around you also. Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your uplifting thoughts. They are words of encouragement I have needed to hear - like an oasis in the barren desert of my soul. I look forward to hearing you unpack your thoughts and speak your words into my life and heart. I do so need the connection!
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Golly did I need your message! I am looking forward to more of the same as with today's world changing almost constantly it is hard to stay positive and "remember my old tools" and KEEP them alive every day! Glad to receive your e-mails, keep them coming!! Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. It it difficult to remain positive and focus on all of the blessings we have when the outside environment drowns us with negative news and depressing forecasts. Hope and gratefulness need to be protected and nurtured. Your message is a life raft in the sea of depair. I, for one, am climbing aboard and look forward to an amazing adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto, Ditto, Ditto, and Ditto. This comes at just the right time for me. I can hear these words with your voice. You have always inspired me to try to be a better person.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ever since I saw "The Secret" I've been saying I'm happy and grateful every morning when I step out of bed - left foot = I'm happy; right foot = I'm grateful... all the way to the coffee pot!! It lifts me up for the day. Pam Fitz

    ReplyDelete